Hey all, I back with post about my most used beauty products for 2013. I think this year I was more into using what I had, more than purchasing more products (compared to years past). With a few exceptions I will definitely be using these products for 2014.
1. My first product is the best eye primer ever. Wet N Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer (For My Primas). I tried Urban Decay Primer Potion as well as Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I most say that this drugstore primer beats all of them. I put my shadow on at 6:00am and when I get home at 6:00pm it still looks great. You can purchase this primer at Walgreen's for $4.99.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoos, the color pictured above is Bad to the Bronze and is my most used Color Tattoo. I'm embarrassed to even say how many I own. I use this over my eyeshadow primer to enhance my eyeshadow. I actually use this more than my MAC paint pots, they are comparable and at a better price point.
3. My Lorac Pro Palette, I heart this palette, it is so versatile, as the top row is all matte and the bottom row is all shimmer. I have to stop myself from using it all the time, I mostly use the matte shades, but lately I have been incorporating the shimmer shades into my looks. This palette is perfect for travel as there are a range of colors.
4. Bare Mineral Mascara in Curl & Lengthen and Volumizing. I picked this up last year at Ulta when they were 50% off, I believe they retail for $18.00 each, so I got two for the price of one. I can use the Curl & Lengthen alone and my lashes are fine, but when you add the volumizing, you get perfect lashes. I haven't experienced any clumping with either mascara.
5. Laura Mercier Spellbound Face Illuminator was my first real highlight purchase. It was limited edition, so it is not available anymore. It is rose gold in color with slight shimmer. I have been using this pretty much everyday since I purchased it.
6. Covergirl Queen 3 in 1 All Day Flawless Foundation, all I am going to say is I LOVE this foundation. It provides the right amount of coverage and I don't have to set it with powder and the price point is great (I get it from Target for $9.99). This is my second bottle, so that's saying a lot, and it is about 75% finished.
7. Clarisonic and Philosophy Purity Cleanser, it's like this two items were made for each other. I mean the Purity cleanser is great on it's own, but when paired with my Clarisonic, I know that my skin is clean and that ALL of my makeup has been removed. I purchased this two items together as a TSV from QVC. I thought that by using makeup remover wipes and my cleanser, that my face was free of makeup, boy was I wrong. The first time I used my Clarisonic and looked at the brush afterwards, I was mortified. The brush was full of foundation. I think this product is definitely worth the investment. I use it about five times a weeks and I'm happy with they way my skins looks.
8. The Original Beauty Blender, I passed on purchasing this for years, $19.95 for a sponge, I think not. I purchased something like it at Marshall's for $5.95 and I honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about after I used that product. I don't know why I finally ended up purchasing it, but I now see what the fuss was all about. I use this practically everyday, and I must say it was worth the $20.00.
9. Juicy Couture, Couture La La, my new favorite scent. I have never really been into perfumes, I get serious migraines from scents. I only use DKNY Be Delicious, but I had a sample of the Couture La La and I fell in love. I received this bottle as one of my Christmas presents. I'm not even going to attempt to describe how it smells, this is the description from the manufacturer:
Sparkling Mandarin, Water Hyacinth, Green Apple, Red Currant, Lily of the Valley, Blushing Peony, Violet Leaves, Orange Flower, Smooth Woods, Liquid Musk.
10. Tarte Off the Cuff Blush Palette, I purchased this at Sephora in October, I believe, my thought process was, I wasn't going to miss out on this set, as I was unable to get the blush set from 2012. The palette contains four blushes, (Crave, Dazzled, Darling, Dollface) and a bronzer (Park Avenue Princess). Crave and Dazzled are my favorite, I'm glad I didn't miss out on the Christmas set this year.
11. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, I use this as an all over face powder, but more so around my nose, where I have visible pores. I noticed that once I started using it, my T-Zone was not as oily as before. I was so upset that I missed out on the Ambient Lighting Palette, this retails for $45.00 and you can find it at Sephora.
12. Rimmel Eye Kohl in Nude, I bought a few of these, but this color is by far my favorite. I use it on my waterline to look more awake. I got this from CVS for about $3.99, I believe.
13. Last but definitely not least, Jordana Fabuliner in Brown or Black. I broke my black pencil somehow, so I just photographed the Brown one. I love, love, love this liner. The felt tip is a lot easier for me to use when I am lining my upper lash line. I made the mistake of leaving this at home when we went away for the weekend, and I tried to line with a dark liner, my eyeshadow just wasn't the same. I purchased this at Duane Reade for $2.99, they are also available at Walgreen's.
What are your favorite beauty products of 2013? Do you use any of the products listed above? Leave a comment and let me know what you want to try in 2014.