Saturday, September 21, 2013

MAC Retro Matte Collection Haul



   It just so happens that the day this collection launched at the counters and stores, we were having a team building event at work, so I got a chance to run to the counter and purchase two of the lipsticks.  I was unsure if they were limited edition or permanent at the time, so I wanted to get the two that I wanted just in case they did sell out.

  There were eight lipsticks and eight pro longwear liners.  I only purchased (well not really purchased, because I Back to Mac for them) two of the lipsticks, Fixed on Drama and All Fired Up.  I didn't purchase any of the liners, but I have More to Love.  I have been in love with the Retro Matte formula since I purchased Riri Woo a few months ago, actually I am currently having a love affair with Matte lipsticks in general.  

 These lipsticks last a long while on the lips (for me about five hours before I have to reapply), I do apply a gloss when I feel my lips getting dry. 

Here's what I got:
All Fired Up & Fixed on Drama





 I was kind of disappointed with Fixed on Drama, I thought it would be more of a purple color.  I am going to try it with a purple liner and see how it comes out.

Fixed on Drama & All Fired Up

Swatches in natural light


I Compared the lipsticks to others that I thought were similar in my collection.  As you can see I don't really own anything similar to Fixed on Drama.

Fixed on Drama, Wet N Wild 916D, WNW Fergie Ferguson Crest Cabernet, Revlon VaVa Violet & Milani Sangria




 All Fired up and Urban Decay's Catfight look very similar, the only difference is the finish in my opinion.
All Fired Up, WNW Cherry Picking 965, Viva Glam Cyndi & Urban Decay Catfight
That 's all for now, leave a comment and let me know which lipsticks you picked up from this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment