Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NOTD Wet n Wild Blitzen & Shield

I haven't painted my nails in awhile, so on Saturday I decided to use Wet n Wild Shield along with Blitzen.  I figured that this would also be the perfect time to try out my Seche Vite top coat.  I have to say that I was very disappointed in how long my manicure lasted, which is usually the case.  

I don't usually use a base coat on my nails, but this time I used my Sally Hansen maximum growth clear polish which was probably a big mistake.  By Sunday my nails looked horrible, chipped polish on practically every nail, smh.  I was very upset because I heard such good things about Seche Vite, however I'm going to try it again without the Sally Hansen polish and see how it works out.  I'm positive this top coat isn't receiving such high praise for no reason.

So here's my nails soon after polishing them.
Hopefully my next nail of the day won't be a big flop like this one was.  Do you own any of these Wet n Wild nail polishes?

2 comments:

  1. I found out from some nail bloggers that your body chemistry has a lot to do with which base coats and top coats work best for you. So it is possible that Seche Vite doesn't work with your body chemistry. The most complaints I hear about Seche is that it causes a lot of shrinkage with some polishes, makes it look like you've got tip wear when you have had it on less than a day!

    I love the WnW polishes and generally they wear well and last forever on me (or at least up to a week when I get bored with one color and need to change to another!) I have also heard from some nail bloggers that heavy glitters have a higher tendency to chip, so it might be the Blitzen. I don't know since I don't have that one. Try the Seche with a creme or shimmer polish and see if your mani doesn't last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew what it was because no manicure of mines last any longer then a few days. I'm currently trying the Seche Vite with Revlon's perplex and so far so good.

    ReplyDelete