Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's My Anniversary

So today, July 20, 2010, the Mr. and I are celebrating our six year anniversary. Boy does time fly. Six years ago we flew to lovely Las Vegas, Nevada and got married. I was seriously just cheesing typing that :) Our marriage, by no means, has been an easy one. I think that in the last two years we have been tested and when it seemed liked all was lost, we still pulled through stronger. I have come to realize that marriage is hard, HARD work. You have to communicate with your spouse (this is something that I just realized last year) you have to compromise, you have to be understanding and most importantly you have to listen. You have to listen to yourself, you have to listen to your spouse and you have to listen and be aware of the things that are not spoken. I'm not saying that you have to be a mind reader, but I have learned that you have to pay attention to everything. We got married when we were twenty two years old, so its been a learning and growing experience for both of us. There are things that I didn't realize then that I am fully aware of now. So I guess what I'm really trying to say is that through the good,the bad and the ugly, that our marriage has evolved and I know deep in my heart that it will continue to do so. I also know that there is no one in the world that I rather be with than him, and even though he's a big jerk and hasn't subscribed to my blog yet, lol, I still love, respect and appreciate all that he has and will always do for us. Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Very well said!! All the married people know just what you mean. Congratulation!! May you be blessed with 60 more wonderful years together!!

    ReplyDelete