Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wet n Wild Lust Palette

So I decided that I am going to review some of the Wet n Wild palettes that I own. The reason being is, when I was comptemplating buying these and I did a Google search I could rarely find any reviews or swatches done by woc (women of color). So hopefully this will help someone who is considering buying these palettes, but want to see some swatches or insight from a woman with a darker skin tone. I purchased three of the four palettes, I skipped on the one with the blue and greens in it, the name eludes me right now. The Lust palette as you all probably already know by now contains a pink, purples and a beautiful gunmetal color. The palette has three matte colors and three shimmery colors as you also probably already know :)


Ahhhh, beautiful isn't and the price makes it even better. In my area this retails for $4.99, but you can usually get them on bogo or buy one get one 50% off which still isn't a bad deal. Now for the most part I don't own any matte shadows, I have some in a Coastal Scents palette which I rarely use. So when I used this palette it was my first time working with matte shadows. The matte side, which is the only side I worked with, blend wonderfully. I used UDPP(urban decay primer potion) in Eden, which is a matte primer/base and I found that throughout the day there was a little fading. It was very humid that day, but all in all it wore very well. Now on to the swatches, I swatched each shadow twice, once with a base (nyx jumbo pencil in milk) and once without a base.


The top photos shows the palette swatched with nyx pencil in milk, with the matte side swatched first and then the shimmery shadows. The bottom photos are swatched on there own and I started from the bottom of the palette to the top. Overall I think that this palette is a great value. You receive six shadows with different finishes for only $4.99 and the quality of the shadows are definitely not the same as the Wet n Wild of the past. I hope that you have enjoyed this review because there is surely more to come. Until next time...














No comments:

Post a Comment