Saturday, July 17, 2010

Let's Get NAKED!!!





With Urban Decay's New Naked Palette that is :) I snagged this last week from sephora.com and I have to say that I love it. I had the original BOS(book of shadows) but I sold it because I rarely touched it. I also own the Get Baked palette which I am truly in love with. So when I read the buzz going on in the blogosphere, I had to see what all the fuss was about. The palette retails for $44.00, which is not bad considering that the shadows are full size and the cost of one Urban Decay eyeshadow is $17.00, you do the math. Naked contains twelve shadows, a mini UDPP and a dual sided eyeliner in whiskey and zero. There are a mixture of finishes in this palette as well, not all of the shadows are the glitter bombs that Urban Decay is known for. After swatching I did notice that the first five shadows(Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar and Buck) all looked similar on my skintone. While this stinks, its not a deal breaker because the other seven shadows are wonderful. I did a look with Half-Baked on the lid, Smog in the crease and Darkhorse in the outer V and it came out wonderful(sorry I didn't take any pics, this was before I started my blog).


Now on to the swatches
Starting from the left; Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half-Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted,
Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal. Do you see what I mean about the first five :(
I am really glad that I picked up this palette, I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. Did you pick up this palette? If so, how do you feel about it? Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment