Sunday, October 10, 2010

N.Y.C. Berry Bloom Collection

About a month ago I purchased N.Y.C. Berry Bloom Custom Compact and Rose Kiss Lipgloss.  I'm finally getting around to actually using both products.

The gloss is very pretty because it actually is designed as rose.  It is dark pink in color and applies smooth to the lips.  I believe it retails for $2.99.  The quad has different tones of purples, which are great for the Fall.  It also comes with a primer and highlighter like the compacts in the permanent collection. 

My experience with the Union Square compact wasn't great at all.   I didn't really like the how the colors showed up on my skin tone.  I have to say that I feel pretty much the same about the Berry Bloom compact.  Again I only used what was in the compact.  You may get different results using a colored base.







Highlight, Lid, Crease/Contour, Crease/Contour/ Rose Kiss gloss, w/ flash


Highlight, Lid, Crease/Contour/,Crease /Contour, Rose Kiss without flash
 

I didn't use the the lid color on my lid, I used the third color in the compact (first crease/contour color) on the lid.  I used the lid color in the crease and the last color (crease/contour) in the outer corner.  I didn't experience any creasing or fading until about the fifth hour, but it was just fading not creasing.  The primer seems to be really good. 


I honestly didn't like how this came out.  Maybe I should have used each color for where it was specified, but where is the fun in that.  The colors aren't as vibrant as they look and depending on the person that can be good or bad.  If you are looking for bold colors then you should pass on this compact, but if you are looking for a more toned down look then this is right up your alley. 

 Overall, I don't think that I will be purchasing anymore of these compacts, they just don't provide the color payoff that I am looking for.  N.Y.C. Individual Eyes Custom Compacts retail for $4.99 and you can find them at your local drugstore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment