Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MAC Dare to Wear Lipglasses



So after all the raving going on about these lipglasses, naturally I had to pick them up. When I went to the MAC store when the collection launched, I stayed away from the lipglasses. I think I have enough lip products to last me a lifetime, so I placed myself on a "no buy," but I blew that many months ago.



I was good and only picked up two, Bold & Brash and Ban This!, the color payoff on these babies are great. They are nothing like the regular lipglasses. I'm starting to realize that most of MAC's lipglasses look the same on me, so unless it is really unique I try to stay away.


Bold & Brash, Ban This!

See how pigmented they are and they look exactly the same on the lips. My only problem with these glosses are the glitter that they leave behind. It is horrible to say the least, unless of course you like walking around looking like a disco ball.

When I wiped the swatches on my hand off with a paper towel, I got this:




Not a great picture, but you get the point. I had to use a makeup remover to get all of the glitter off. On the other hand, I only had this problem when worn alone on my lips. When I put the lipglass over a lipstick, I didn't have glitter mouth when I wiped it off. I'm guessing you are going to have to reapply this frequently if you are wearing it alone so you are not walking around with glitter lips.

All in all I have to say that these are the best lipglasses that I own, but mainly due to the color payoff. They are comparable to a liquid lipstick. I could have done without the glitter, but I still love them. I thought they would have been like MAC Dazzleglasses, which also contain glitter, but they don't leave behind as much.


Have you purchased any of the Dare to wear lipglasses, if so how do you like them? Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment