Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nars Luster




So about a month ago Sephora released some Nars lipglosses to complement their best selling blushes. I own two Nars lipglosses and they are okay, but they should be a lot better than what they are considering the price. They are very sticky and have very little color payoff. I was in a word, disappointed.




However, when you think of Nars, most people think of blushes. I have heard a million great things about these blushes. For the most part I'm a lipgloss and eyeshadow kind of girl. My collection circles around these things. So when I first got into makeup blush was the last thing on my mind. I have always read great things about Nars' Orgasm, but I have also read horrible things about it as well. Plus I tested it out in Sephora a while ago and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about.



Naturally I leaned toward the "safe" choice which was Luster. I would describe it as a peach with gold shimmer. I also picked up the Luster lipgloss, which is so much better than my other Nars glosses. It's not as sticky and though the color payoff isn't great I wasn't disappointed.




Luster Blush, Luster Gloss


The blush is buildable and it shows up on me as a gold-ish color. The gloss is a sheer gold color and it is sticky, but not as sticky as the other two that I own. I am proud of my first Nars blush purchase. I was not disappointed, it definitely lived up to the hype. Have you purchased any of the nars blush/lipgloss combinations, if so how do you like them? Until next time...




2 comments:

  1. I have yet to purchase any of the glosses to match the blushes, but I plan on buying the gloss. I love that blush so much and I strongly recommend it. I also recommend Mounia and Taj Mahal. They look great on our skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taj Mahal looks so scary in the pan. I wonder how Taj Mahal compares to R&R Immoral. If they are anything alike than I can pass on Taj Mahal.

    ReplyDelete