Friday, September 3, 2010

N.Y.C. Union Square Palette Review




So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on youtube and came across the N.Y.C. Individual Eyes custom compact for brown eyes also known as Union Square. You get four eyeshadows, a primer and a illuminator for only $4.99, good right?



I have to say that whoever thought of this came up with a wonderful idea. You have your eyeshadows and primer in one convenient case. It doesn't get any better than that. This is the perfect palette for traveling or for throwing in your purse just in case you need to retouch. The price is great as well.



I do have to say though, I was slightly disappointed with how the colors showed on my skin tone. The third color is pretty much the color of my skin and the second color is just a tad bit darker than the primer, so it shows up on me kind of ashy. I didn't use anything other than what was in the palette, but I'm guessing if I use a colored base I can alter the color a bit. I love the purple color, I kind of reminds me of MAC's Sketch. I will check to see how similar they are.



There are two other palettes, one for green eyes and another for blue, if I am not mistaken. One has purples and the other has greens. I passed on these because I think I have enough of both colors. I put my eyeshadow on at about seven in the morning and it lasted until six in the evening without any creasing. I'm sure it would have lasted longer, but I went to sleep with it on.














Do you own any of the N.Y.C. Individual eyes custom compacts? If so, what do you think of them? Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment